Harvard Chan: This week in Health
Bill Meehan, MD, an associate director of the Study, was a guest speaker on the podcast Harvard Chan: This Week in Health on January 22 to discuss the urgent need for research on the conditions football player former players face.
He noted that our Study is unique because it addresses the whole player, while incorporating ongoing feedback from this community on what concerns them — and their families — most.
“We thought that the potential effects of repetitive head trauma would be something they’d be interested in,” said Dr. Meehan. “It turns that while it is, they are perhaps even more interested in musculoskeletal injuries and in the prevention of tearing their ACL.”
Tune in at 7:25 to hear more about the range of injuries and risks players face, including concussions, and how we’re working toward solutions.
- Researchers at the University of Houston Law Center and Harvard Law School Address Legal Issues in Evaluating NFL Player Health and Performance
- Innovation Challenge – Chronic Pain
- Recommendations to Improve NFL Player Health
- Innovation Challenge – Sleep Apnea
- Job Posting: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Bridge-Enhanced ACL Repair (BEAR) Technique
- Harvard Launches ResearchKit App to Support Football Player Health
- Our Gratitude to Willie Richardson: 1939-2016
- A Visit with Former Players: Pre-Super Bowl 50 Trip
- Talks@12: Tackling Football Injuries
- Milestone: Over 2,570 Former Players Participate in our Study
- Widening the Field
- NFL Doctors Should Not Report to teams, Harvard Study Recommends
- NFL Doctors’ Conflicts of Interest Could Endanger Players, Report Says
- When NFL Calls the Doctor
- Harvard Study on NFL Player Safety Calls for Outside Doctors
- The “I” in TeamStudy
- How to Keep Your Brain Healthy Through Exercise
- Former Panther, WCNC Host in Harvard Football Study
- Re-growing ACLs? Harvard NFL Study Not Just About Concussions
- Former NFL Players Hope Harvard Study Can Provide Answers to Health Issues
- Ex-NFL Players Use App to Tackle Health Problems
- NFLPA-Affiliated Clinical Study Shows Progress In ACL Tear Treatment
- ACL repair: What It’s Like to be First to Have a New Surgery
- Doctors Experiment With New Way of Fixing the ACL
- A New Procedure Could Revolutionize ACL Repairs
- A Potential Breakthrough in ACL Surgery
- Boston Children’s Hospital Hopes New Procedure Will Revolutionize ACL Treatment
- mHeatlh Intelligence: ResearchKit takes on genetic data, NFL health issues
- App to Tackle Impact of Injuries on NFL Players
- Harvard Launches a New App it Hopes Will Protect NFL Players’ Health
- Can a Sponge Fix Athletes’ Knees?
- Harvard Chan: This week in Health
- Part 2: Harvard study examines long-term effects of playing in NFL
- Part 1: Harvard study examines long-term effects of playing in NFL
- How will NFL improve concussion problem over the next 50 years?
- Can We Do Better for a Torn ACL?
- Will Football Players Someday Take a Concussion Pill?
- Antibody Treatment Could Prevent Alzheimer’s Decline
- Scientists Fix Rogue Protein in Mice that Leads to Alzheimer’s, Brain Damage
- Study: New Antibody Therapy Can Reverse Traumatic Brain Injury Damage (In Mice)
- Great Progress Being Made in Harvard’s Seven NFL Studies
- Let’s Not Kill Football Yet