Our Gratitude to Willie Richardson: 1939-2016
As the news broke that our trusted friend and player advisor Willie Richardson passed away on February 8, our team remembered his legacy as a legendary wide receiver who played for Jackson State, then went on to the Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins. Most recently, Richardson hosted an hour-long weekly radio show on ESPN The Zone 105.9. Our hearts go out to his family and friends.
Read the full obituary.
2012 article on Willie Richardson.
- Researchers at the University of Houston Law Center and Harvard Law School Address Legal Issues in Evaluating NFL Player Health and Performance
- Innovation Challenge – Chronic Pain
- Recommendations to Improve NFL Player Health
- Innovation Challenge – Sleep Apnea
- Job Posting: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Bridge-Enhanced ACL Repair (BEAR) Technique
- Harvard Launches ResearchKit App to Support Football Player Health
- Our Gratitude to Willie Richardson: 1939-2016
- A Visit with Former Players: Pre-Super Bowl 50 Trip
- Talks@12: Tackling Football Injuries
- Milestone: Over 2,570 Former Players Participate in our Study
- Widening the Field
- NFL Doctors Should Not Report to teams, Harvard Study Recommends
- NFL Doctors’ Conflicts of Interest Could Endanger Players, Report Says
- When NFL Calls the Doctor
- Harvard Study on NFL Player Safety Calls for Outside Doctors
- The “I” in TeamStudy
- How to Keep Your Brain Healthy Through Exercise
- Former Panther, WCNC Host in Harvard Football Study
- Re-growing ACLs? Harvard NFL Study Not Just About Concussions
- Former NFL Players Hope Harvard Study Can Provide Answers to Health Issues
- Ex-NFL Players Use App to Tackle Health Problems
- NFLPA-Affiliated Clinical Study Shows Progress In ACL Tear Treatment
- ACL repair: What It’s Like to be First to Have a New Surgery
- Doctors Experiment With New Way of Fixing the ACL
- A New Procedure Could Revolutionize ACL Repairs
- A Potential Breakthrough in ACL Surgery
- Boston Children’s Hospital Hopes New Procedure Will Revolutionize ACL Treatment
- mHeatlh Intelligence: ResearchKit takes on genetic data, NFL health issues
- App to Tackle Impact of Injuries on NFL Players
- Harvard Launches a New App it Hopes Will Protect NFL Players’ Health
- Can a Sponge Fix Athletes’ Knees?
- Harvard Chan: This week in Health
- Part 2: Harvard study examines long-term effects of playing in NFL
- Part 1: Harvard study examines long-term effects of playing in NFL
- How will NFL improve concussion problem over the next 50 years?
- Can We Do Better for a Torn ACL?
- Will Football Players Someday Take a Concussion Pill?
- Antibody Treatment Could Prevent Alzheimer’s Decline
- Scientists Fix Rogue Protein in Mice that Leads to Alzheimer’s, Brain Damage
- Study: New Antibody Therapy Can Reverse Traumatic Brain Injury Damage (In Mice)
- Great Progress Being Made in Harvard’s Seven NFL Studies
- Let’s Not Kill Football Yet